Friday, March 1, 2019

Sonnet

Hello all, I wanted to share a Sonnet that I wrote last semester for my theatre class. A Sonnet is a poem composed of 14 lines using any formal rhyme scheme, in English usually having ten syllables per line. One of the best known Sonnet is "Sonnet 18" by William Shakespeare, (Shall I compare thee to a summer's day). You should read it when you have time, it's incredible writing. Anyway, here's my attempt at writing one.

I lost my beloved: By Adonis Mateo

It was a cold dark evening, then a light
The sound of my voice ran far and beyond
I could hear my own echo taking flight
I listened for a moment please respond
As the cold wind danced I felt the abyss
I drift into madness and to despair
Where is sanity? I searched but I missed
As the night turned to day how can I bare
My beloved I am filled with regret
Might I find thee, will I see thee again
Will thee remember me or see a threat
Fate has betrayed me I feel the disdain
I ponder the Stars, there thine eyes gleaming
I ponder the Stars, there thou is dreaming



No comments:

Post a Comment