Saturday, March 2, 2019

How Poems Arrive


The last poem we discuss in class “How Poems Arrive” is describing a deeper thought of how could writing a poem be like. For example, what we feel and how we get ideas and all the words we use to write a poem. I like when the author says that “Like love, they are strongest when we admitted blind” because she is comparing a strong feeling with writing poems and I totally agree with the author. Stevenson describe that writing poems is intense with a lot of emotions.

It is the last poem we discuss in class from the book "The Best American Poetry 2018". We have discussed a lot of other poems, but honestly it is my favorite.
The last few weeks I learn a lot about poetry even though it was challenging because there was lot of complicated vocabulary. However, I love poems because it makes us to think deeper about the meaning of each poem.

When I started writing the first poem for my collection it was really difficult for me because it is been a long time that I did not write or read any poem. To be honest it took me a lot of hours thinking if should add some of words or if some word is not going to fit with the poem.


No comments:

Post a Comment