Friday, February 8, 2019

Toast to My Dead Parents is an interesting poem , it showed me what society portrays as the perfect marriage or what society says  true love is supposed to look like.marriage can be different for everyone. In the second stanza of the poem it states They say good morning in myriad phrases--the eggs are dry, you burnt the English muffin again. To me it seems like after 60 years of marriage they had their own way of communicating with each other. I think the son understand his parents love and that it was one of a kind.

3 comments:

  1. I like that poem too. It is really heartwarming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can also see connections between this poem and the one you mention below. The former references a couple early in their marriage and the later one late.

    ReplyDelete