Thursday, February 7, 2019

Birds punctuate 

The poem birds punctuate was rather interesting. After reading it the first time I didn’t really understand what the author was trying to do, it seemed strange to me. After reading it a few more times I soon came to realize that the author is trying to compare each punctuation mark to different birds and their actions. I’d still like to find out a deeper meaning behind the poem but I’m glad I understood the comparison she made throughout the poem. 

1 comment:

  1. I see your point Jarybel, and I agree with you, the first time I read the poem I didn't quite get the punctuation marks. After reading it a couple of times it made a little more sense. The punctuation marks are directly related to each bird and its unique action. I specifically liked the "question mark-the length of silence after a loon's call"and "period-one blue egg all summer long now gone."

    ReplyDelete