Thursday, February 7, 2019

Love poem: What is love



Adonis Mateo



                                                                    

                                                            Love Poem: What is Love

To say I love you to say I care
How melodic, how pleasant to hear
A bird flying high above, nowhere to go
The sound of the wind flying through space

Can you touch love, can you taste love
Does love have a price, does love change
A child hungers for food, his mother gives
him her last piece of bread with jam

I can hear you knocking, I can hear you
sing
Can I let you in, do I know your song
Where have you been, I can't see you
I hear your voice, it calms my worries

Can you stay with me forever
or will you be gone with the dawn
I wonder who you are, I dream of you
Will you stay with me, or fade like smoke in the wind

No comments:

Post a Comment