Thursday, February 7, 2019

Response to BAP 2018 page 1 to 46



I have enjoyed reading all these poems but some particularly caught my attention. Poems like "Toast to My Dead Parents", "The Opposites Game", "American Dreams" and "The Wives of the Poets". In my opinion, all of them have one in common, which poems themselves are like creative short stories. As I devoured each poem, I can relate the respective poet's story. For example, in "Toast to My Dead Parents" by Robert Cording, I love the way he recalls his parents' unusual ways of saying "Good Morning" to each other such as "the eggs are dry, you burnt the English muffin again, where did you put my pills?". In those words, I can feel the unconditional love between his parents not by showing passionate hugs or sweet talks but by shooting unnecessary and annoying questions. As for me, those are the most touching and the most understandable poems so far. Among others, these stand out to read twice, even third times. All in all, it was a good reading and I have earned a little confidence of myself to write my own collection for this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment