Saturday, February 23, 2019

Response to “Hands”

A poem that I very much enjoyed reading was Hands ( pg. 73). I believe this poem is using hands to express how other people do things for eachother Over time. The poem speaks in the idea that cracks overcrowd the skin, references to time passing, getting older and aging. As well as refer to her mother’s hands as fearless, and her father hands scarred. I portray this as a way of describing the mother and father and what they have done, in a way your hands show what you’ve been through. One line that really stands out to me is “ there is a map in the seat of my palm” because it is believed that the lines/ cracks in you’re palm are your fortune, kind of like when you go to a palm reading and tell you your destiny.

1 comment:

  1. Good reading, Lucero. Interesting that there were two poems about hands this week, also James Matthew Wilson's "On a Palm" I prefer Ochoa's too.

    ReplyDelete