Friday, April 12, 2019

Response to reading on 4/9

In class we read pages 16-18 and in this section we learned about the second man that goes blind. This excerpt is pretty ironic because as the man is driving he is imagining the first guy who went blind in the exact same car while driving. I don't know exactly why this is happening and what the "plague" is about and how people can get it. But it seemed to me a little like karma. After this we see the scene in which the first man that went blind goes to the doctor and how eventually the doctor becomes blind. I think Jose Samargo uses a lot of irony in his writing and long sentences that can be exhausting to read without a pause.
The one thing that I like about this book is that I work at a Optometrist and know most of the health conditions there talking about. (irrelevant but...) 

No comments:

Post a Comment