Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Blue Angel; Final pages

I believe we have talked about most of things happened in these pages in class this morning. I just like to add something I have been noticed from the beginning about relationship between Angela and Matt. Somewhere in the book, Prose wrote a scene that included Swenson, Matt and Angela. I have been wondering why she included that part. And also there was time when Swenson called Angela about her novel, a guy (Swenson thought his voice was familiar) picked up first. All these pieces of evidences lead me to conclude a theory that it is possible Matt and Angela plotted this revenge after all. Matt might talk Angela into it by telling her that her literary dream might come true if they successfully ruin Euston's pride one and only writer Swenson's reputation. The two might agreed for their own purposes; Matt for breaking up Ruby and him, for Angela to outshine college's famous writer. In the book, Prose did not talk about Matt that much but whenever she included him, there was always something fishy about him like his criminal past, his winks to Swenson, him calling Swenson "sir" was like he was being sarcastic. That final scene with Matt, Angela and her parents tells me all that my theory might be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment