Friday, May 10, 2019

Response to the Film Blindness

I think the film was great. In the beginning I wasn’t expecting the first blind man to look like he did, when reading the book I thought he was a Caucasian man, taller. However, I believe the movie was well executed. I feel like the one scene that really got my attention was when the men that were in control of the food began to ask for the women. That whole scene of when the women were walking together to the place and were raped and abused by these men, that was so sad and actually hard to see. It kind of shows us to what extent people will go through when being in a very desperate state, they needed food and would do almost anything to have some and they worked together to feed everyone even when there wasn’t enough. Overall the movie was well executed, separating it from the book because there are a lot of scenes that were cut out from the movie that we read in the book but over all I think It did a good in showing us the position they were all placed in and left to figure things out. Also, it did and tried well at showing us their point of view and how it might be like to not be able to see so instead it would show us soft white scenes and instead we would hear what would be going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment