Friday, May 3, 2019

Last Group Critique

Today was the last group critique of the semester. I met with Khine and another person whose name I don't recall. We read each other's works and gave suggestions. My last submission called "Spring Break" was the piece I presented. This piece will likely also be included in my collection. Within  the piece I write about a character that closely resembles my own life. Its essentially a memoir under a different name. Given the suggestions made by my group members its likely that I will exaggerate some details. For my story to make more sense and for a better cohesion with my theme it is a necessary task. Overall I am looking forward to the end result and hopefully it doesn't become too controversial. Often times when we write about sadness and hopelessness we invite pity and that isn't the goal of my last work. For that piece my objective is to tell a story and whether the reader feels pity or gratitude is solely dependent on their own views and outlooks on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment