Tuesday, May 14, 2019

English 102, last day

Well, today was our last day of class and it's kind of bittersweet, I mean I'm happy the semester is over, and I'm glad we were all able to finish English 102. Yet,  I got to admit the class was challenging. And I for one am glad that it was so. And in a way, I'm going to miss this particular class, the assignments given were both educational and challenging. Challenging in the sense that we really had to read and understand so that we could have intelligent discussions of the readings in class. Also, so that the reviews we wrote about in the blog also made sense. In other words this class kept on us on our toes, it did me anyway. This English 102 class made me realize that I had a hidden likeness, or desire for reading, but I guess I was oppressing it.  The last time I read a book was because I had to, and it was many years ago in high school. Yet, reading the assigned books from class, I found myself getting deeper and deeper into the plots, and couldn't wait to have time to go back and continue where I had left off. This made me want to research other great novels, and literature, and even wrote a list of about 15 classic books I want to read within the next year or so, maybe two years.  I'm also thankful I had to take this class because it helped me improve my writing skills even more. I feel this course helped me sharpen my writing skills, and writing style via the books we read. I wouldn't just read, I would also pay attention to sentence structures, and the author's writing style, which I feel influenced some my recent writings.  Overall, I feel this class was a great learning experience for me. I have never written so much for one project. The longest papers I have written have been about seven pages including the bibliography and author's note. I'm proud of myself for stepping up to the challenge of writing this collection, I had never even heard of a collection in this sense before. Till now, the only collection I was familiar with was my collection of old records. I'm proud of the job I did on my collection, I learned a lot while writing it. Anyway, I'm glad that it's all over, but I am going to miss the class. Hope everyone did well.

No comments:

Post a Comment